Saturday, November 3, 2012

Stressed-less living

I have started reading the book Stress-less Living: Finding God's Peace in Your Chaotic World by Tracie Miles. I am only on Chapter 6 but it has already made such an impact on me. I wish I had this book years ago. Something that stood out to me today..."No matter how long we have been away, how much we have sinned, or how long we have tried to do life without God, he is always waiting to shower us with the love and peace that he promised." I think back to all the years when I thought I could do it on my own. Well I can tell you that did not work for me. I never had the peace that I longed for and was always looking for something to fill a void in my life. Well God was there all the time just waiting for me to look to him. I can't fix the past and I can't dwell on it but I can remember how I felt and that I don't ever want to feel like that again. Tracie also talks about self-doubt in this chapter. This is something that I struggle with and have asked God to help me. Some days it doesn't take much for me to start asking questions like...Why would God want a relationship with me? Why would he love someone that has disappointed him so many times? Why would anyone want to spend time with me? Those kind of days used to get me down and keep me from doing anything that God would want me to do. That is exactly what Satan wants me to do - stop doing what God has called me to do. He knows that I have a weakness and that I struggle with self-doubt so he pounces on that. John 10:10 says, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy". He knows what all of our weaknesses are and will use whatever it takes to pull us away from our God and his purpose for us. I am getting better about fighting those thoughts and questions. I just have to remind myself that God made me and he loves me and wants a relationship with me. He wants me to turn to him during these times and other times of stress and trouble. Only he is able to give me the peace that I long for. The other part of John 10:10 Jesus says, "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full". He wants us to be happy and live for him and show others his love and forgiveness. We just can't ever forget that Satan is watching and waiting for any opportunity to stop us.

No comments:

Post a Comment