Tuesday, November 27, 2012

One of those days!

It amazes me how fast I can lose my focus some days. I felt so good this morning. I woke up early, curled up on the couch with my laptop and Spark, and enjoyed the lights of the trees and the scent of the burning candle. I was able to read my Bible, do my Advent study, and work on a few things before the kids got up. I had high hopes for the day - lots to get done since I will be subbing for the next two days.

To say things did not go as expected is such an understatement. By lunch I was overwhelmed with fear about our finances, one child was not working on assignments like he should and then...CRASH! Our beautiful Christmas tree was on the floor. I don't know what happened to make it fall but I could see pieces of ornaments as I picked it up. I lost it at that point - I just busted out crying while my three babies stood there looking at me. I was upset that some of my special ornaments were now in pieces, I was upset about our finances, I was upset that nothing was going my way today even though it started off perfect! I felt like Satan was doing everything he could to ruin my day.

So what did I do?  I went back to what I had studied that morning - HOPE. We have hope because of a special baby that was born. No matter what life brings our way, we have hope!

The rest of the day went a little better especially after the hugs and kisses from my children. They didn't know everything I was crying about but they knew their Mom needed some love and support. I am looking forward to tonight when we all sit down and do some of our family activities for Advent. I hope that my day will end like it started - relaxing and peaceful and focused on the one who gives us hope.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

Have you ever had "one of these days"? Do you ever feel like Satan works harder against you when you are striving to follow God's will? I'd love to hear from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment