Saturday, November 17, 2012

Changing & Growing

As we move into the holiday season, I have a different focus this year. My family has been through so much this year. So many changes. So many ups and downs. The good thing is that God has been with us through it all. He definitely has my attention now. As I look back over the past three years, I can see how he used the hurts to help me grow and change. I had spent so many years just going through life and knowing I was saved. There is a BIG difference between being saved and having a relationship with our Lord and Savior. I was saved as a child and even though I never doubted that I was going to Heaven, I wasn't living or serving Him like I should. After all those years, I had not grown and become the person He wanted me to be. I have spent so many years just trying to be whatever others wanted me to be or do whatever others expected me to do so I could have their approval. I was a people pleaser! Avoid conflict at all costs! Did that make me happy? Absolutely not! Change is hard and doesn't happen overnight. I still struggle with situations but now I don't have to do it alone. I stop and pray about it and ask for direction. I want to be a God pleaser and do what He has called me to do. God has definitely had a strong hold on me since January and called me to do things that I would not have done before. It has been a scary year, a healing year, a growing year, and I am excited to see how He ends this year.
With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment