Saturday, December 8, 2012

Let Go & Let God

Monday is the day...I start my new adventure...my new job! I am excited and very thankful but we have had to made some hard decisions. I have been very picky about where my children go to school. Patrick has been in a Christian school since preschool until this year and my other two have mostly been homeschooled. I left my job to be at home and homeschool all three. I thought I would be at home at least through this school year but God has other plans for me.

Now what? My mom can't help all three of them with school...it was hard for me and I am a teacher. :-) My husband and I are doing something that I couldn't have done six months ago. We are sending Reagan and Katherine to public school. Let me tell you, this was not an easy decision for me and I shed some tears over it but I love the peace that comes when you turn it all over to Jesus. Through lots of prayer He let me know that it will be okay.

He also showed me the root of my fear. See I've never felt like a good enough mom to help them spiritually. I struggled myself...how was I supposed to help them? I felt that they had to be protected or go to a Christian school. I've seen what happens when good kids get around bad influences and I just didn't think I could prepare my children. I know I can't control everything and I can't prepare them for everything but I do know who is in control. I know my God will watch over them and protect them. I pray that God will use them to help and teach others of His amazing love. I now see this as an opportunity for them!

It is so neat when you can look back and see the things He planted in your life to get you ready for situations He knew you would need help with.I am changing and growing and building my relationship with Him and it is wonderful! I can't explain the peace I feel about so many things in my life now. What a difference when you give it all to God! Let Go and Let God...I say this to myself quite a bit so that I don't start taking charge (which is what I've done in the past).

What do you need to let go of and give to God?

No comments:

Post a Comment